Friday, March 21, 2008

THING 10

I watched the video which moved along very fast but had good information on how a Wiki works. The key words are EDIT & SAVE along with LINK. I can see where this has alot of potential for corrdinating the perfect list. By clicking edit, you can add or change the document.
I think it is so neat to have the list of what I have and what the others are to bring and then link the other list to have a perfect camping/shopping/party list.

I was very impressed with the Book Lovers WIKI. What a great tool by have the reviews at your finger tips. I could see our patrons loving this so that they could see if they really wanted to read that particular book or not.

Next I went to the Albany Co. Public Library staff Wiki. This is a great way to keep staff informed on such things as circ staff information, schedules, upcoming events, etc.

On Library Bloggers Wiki, I visited Public Library blogs and clicked onto Austin, Texas blog and Hennepin County Library blog. Couldn't believe how many blogs there are to look at.

On Minnesota Wikis, I looked at the Minnesota Historical Society site. There are alot of resources, information and locations available along with all types of services.

I'm waiting on my invite password to add or edit an entry in a wiki.

I finally got into the 23things wiki and did some editing. It seems like it would be alot of fun to do as a group thing. Could really get creative with it by adding color, different fonts, backgrounds, pictures, just about anything goes. I clicked onto the comment area and added a few words. All in all, this wasn't as hard as I first thought it was.

No comments:

Time to relax after 23thingsonastick

Yahoo! AvatarsYahoo! AvatarsYahoo! AvatarsYahoo! AvatarsYahoo! AvatarsYahoo! AvatarsYahoo! Avatars